Saskatchewan Government Insurance is hiring a Senior Data Engineer in Edmonton!
SGI has initiated an enterprise-wide, multi-year digital and data transformation. A key aspect of our data transformation program is building out our Data Office and growing our overall data innovation capabilities. To match our aspirations, Data platform and Architecture team within the Data Office is looking for two Senior Data engineers who will design and implement data pipelines, which includes transforming, aggregating, and integrating data from different sources and loading it into the Azure Data Platform as well as propagating the data through the environment.
- Design, develops, manages, and monitors Azure data pipelines to ensure that data ingestion(batch & streaming) and data propagation (through ETL, ADF/custom-developed stored procedures) perform as expected
- Constantly Assisting in monitoring the overall performance and stability of the Azure Data Platform and data pipelines in production to ensure that the environment operates as planned, meeting respective SLAs.
- Works with Data Scientists and Analytics Report development team to create data assets and pipelines that improve the reporting and advance analytics process.
- Detail oriented to spot data related issues and know how to deliver on what the business needs.
- Leader that is committed to a culture of continuous learning/development of self and supports others by actively sharing knowledge, providing guidance, mentoring, training, and supporting developmental opportunities.
Typically, these skills are gained through four year degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology and 5 years’ database experience in a data engineer, ETL developer, or equivalent technology role.
To learn more about this position, check out the full job description. There, you’ll find all requirements and accountabilities in greater detail. What do we offer? We offer the essentials – a competitive salary, great pension, and excellent employer-paid family benefits, and so much more. At SGI, you have the opportunity to do work that makes a difference in your community while you expand your professional skills and grow your career.
Our website gives a run-down of the many perks of working with us, including:
- Work-life balance - How does an additional three weeks off a year sound?
- Personal development - We invest in our employees through leadership and employee training and education funding.
- A positive, healthy work culture – At SGI, we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we’re proud of. We want our employees to want to come to work, and we strive to be the kind of employer that employees recommend to a friend.
- Awesome people - Seriously. We hire the best people, and you get to work with them!
Diversity is a cornerstone of SGI. We believe all candidates should be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your accommodation requests to us at email@example.com and we will work through your request with you. All information received will be kept confidential.
This posting closes Friday, November 22, 2023, so submit your application online on our careers website by 11:59 p.m. SK time.
Want more jobs?
Join our mailing list to receive updates about new data science and Senior Data Engineer jobs.