SGI is hiring a Senior Analytics Report Developer in Winnipeg!
SGI has initiated an enterprise-wide, multi-year digital and data transformation. A key aspect of our data transformation program is building out our Data Office and growing our overall data innovation capabilities. To match our aspirations, the Corporate Analytics and Reporting team within the Data Office is looking for three Senior Analytics Report Developers.
Is building analytic reports, data visualization and dashboards your passion? Then this role is for you!
About the role
The Senior Analytics Report Developer independently understands and interprets business requirements into corresponding analytics, reports, dashboards, and visualization solutions to be used by the business for decision making.
This role leads peer design reviews; tests and validates internal and external data and builds, maintains, improves, and monitors the use of analytics, reporting, dashboards, and visualization solutions to meet the overall needs of the business community. The Senior Analytics Report Developer works closely with the Business Insights team to gain insight into how the business intends to use the analytics, reports, dashboards, and visualization solutions and ensures that the reporting solution meets their business actions.
This role ensures that the Data Policy and the Data Governance Framework are adhered to within their business portfolio.
• You understand the power of a great visualization in telling a great data story.
• You are fluent in Power BI and or understand that data is at the center of enabling data-based decision making.
• You are detail oriented to spot data quality issues and know how to deliver on what the business needs.
• You are constantly looking to improve your analytics chops and find fulfilment from helping the business community make better decisions.
• You are a leader that is committed to a culture of continuous learning/development of self and supports others by actively sharing knowledge, providing guidance, mentoring, training, and supporting developmental opportunities.
What you’ll need
• Four-year degree from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a relevant field of study, such as Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or defined equivalency.
• 5 – 7 years of experience as reporting and analytics developer.
• Proficient skill in using Azure cloud-based data platform solution components and architectures.
• Advanced knowledge of reporting and visualization solutions, such as Power BI, with fluency in Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) or related visualization tools.
• Advanced skill to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Because SGI is a great place to work. We value integrity, caring and innovation. We have an intentional culture that promotes trust and participation in a way that encourages employees to bring their hearts and minds to their work. Part of the SGI experience that our employees value most is their community of coworkers. The employee community isn’t the only reason our people stay at SGI; we also offer a wide range of benefits and invest in career development to meet the needs of our employees.
Our benefits include:
• Vacation leave that increases with years of service
• Flexible working arrangements
• Annual sick leave and paid parental, compassionate care, and family leave
• Dental, health, and vision care plans
• Life, disability, and optional accident insurance coverage
• Flexible spending and wellness account
• Employer contribution into pension plan and an annual employee service allowance payment.
We embrace diversity, recognizing and celebrating our differences and our similarities. Our careers are as diverse as our employees.
Do note that during the recruitment process, you will need to showcase and present a portfolio of reports, analytics, or data visualizations to demonstrate your skills and experience as it relates to the role.
Ready to Apply?
If this is the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for, tell us why you’re the right fit for this role. Learn more about our company, this job and what your future could look like at SGI by visiting www.sgi.sk.ca/careers.
Submit your application online by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 19th, 2023.
Want more jobs?
Join our mailing list to receive updates about new data science and Senior Analytics Report Developer jobs.