SGI is hiring a Director, Analytics Report Development in Regina!
SGI has initiated an enterprise-wide, multi-year digital and data transformation. A key aspect of our data transformation program is building out our Data Office and growing our overall data innovation capabilities. To match our aspirations, the Corporate Analytics and Reporting team within the Data Office is looking for a Director, Analytics Report Development who will lead and promote creative and innovative methods in the application and development of analytics, reporting, and data visualization to meet evolving business needs.
About the role
The Director, Analytics Report Development leads their assigned analytics, reporting, and visualization solutions development teams. Leads and promotes creative and innovative methods in the application and development of analyses, reporting, and visualization to meet evolving business needs. Leverages deep data, analytics, and visualization knowledge, combined with business acumen and data storytelling, to develop actionable solutions that result in tangible business value. Ensures that the analytics reports meet and/or exceed business needs, providing impactful and actionable insights. Supports and contributes to the development of a departmental culture, policies, and strategy to strengthen the adoption of data and analytics within the organization. Ensures that the Data Policy and the Data Governance Framework are adhered to within their business portfolio.
In this role, you will be leading a team to develop, transition and grow into using new Business Intelligence tools and the Azure data platform to help evolve SGI into a data-driven organization
• You are a subject-matter expert in multiple aspects of analytics and reporting with a forward thinking and positive presence.
• You are an experienced people leader who can coach and mentor a team of Analytics Report Developers to drive for better results and ensure all deliverables meet the evolving business needs.
• You can anticipate risks and issues and have the experience to mitigate them before they are realized.
• You are a master data storyteller yourself and understand the power of a great visualization in providing an impactful and actionable insights.
What you’ll need
• A four-year degree from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a directly related field of study, such as Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related discipline.
• Ten years of experience comprised of six years of progressively challenging leadership experience within the data and analytics domain (with exposure to cloud-based D&A platforms, data management tools, reporting and visualization, advanced analytics [AI/ML], etc.) and four years of relevant experience in the insurance industry or equivalent.
• Knowledge of reporting, visualization, and advanced analytic solutions, such as Power BI, SAS, or related tools.
• Knowledge of key metrics that measure and drive long-term health of the business.
• Knowledge of the insurance industry.
• Skill in building effective internal working relationships and ability to establish strategic external partnerships with customers, business partners, vendors, and other stakeholders.
Because SGI is a great place to work. We value integrity, caring and innovation. We have an intentional culture that promotes trust and participation in a way that encourages employees to bring their hearts and minds to their work. Part of the SGI experience that our employees value most is their community of coworkers. The employee community isn’t the only reason our people stay at SGI; we also offer a wide range of benefits and invest in career development to meet the needs of our employees.
Our benefits include:
• Vacation leave that increases with years of service
• Flexible working arrangements
• Annual sick leave and paid parental, compassionate care, and family leave • Dental, health, and vision care plans
• Life, disability, and optional accident insurance coverage
• Flexible spending and wellness account
• Employer contribution into pension plan and an annual employee service allowance payment.
We embrace diversity, recognizing and celebrating our differences and our similarities. Our careers are as diverse as our employees.
Ready to Apply?
If this is the career opportunity you’ve been waiting for, tell us why you’re the right fit for this role. Learn more about our company, this job and what your future could look like at SGI by visiting www.sgi.sk.ca/careers.
Submit your application online by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 19th, 2023.
Want more jobs?
Join our mailing list to receive updates about new data science and Director, Analytics Report Development jobs.