SGI is hiring a Data Scientist in Regina!
Are you passionate about unlocking the power of data and transforming it into valuable insights? Are you an experienced Data Scientist looking for an exciting opportunity to lead and innovate in a dynamic environment? Look no further! We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Scientist to join our exceptional team.
SGI has initiated an enterprise-wide, multi-year digital and data transformation. A key aspect of our data transformation program is building out our Data Office and growing our overall data innovation capabilities with focus on delivering actionable insights and driving data-informed decisions.
As a Data Scientist, you will play a pivotal role in creating predictive and prescriptive analytical models that allow the business to improve products and processes. Your expertise in understanding of statistical models, machine learning algorithms, and scientific methods to extract insights from large amounts of structured and unstructured data to answer high-priority questions asked by the business and help them make data-driven decisions to deliver better products.
We hope you consider applying if you:
• Like to lead and manage end-to-end data science projects, from problem formulation to model deployment.
• Have a deep understanding of advanced analytics techniques to identify, evaluate, and recommend data solutions that support evolving business strategies, operations, and processes.
• Can apply advanced statistical analysis, machine learning, and data mining techniques to identify patterns, trends, and insights from large, complex datasets.
• Want to develop and implement predictive models, algorithms, and optimization strategies to solve complex business problems.
• Can communicate findings and insights effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders, influencing data-driven decision-making processes.
• Want to support a culture of leadership and accountability to effectively deliver on strategic and corporate strategies.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in data science and contribute to the growth of the data science team through mentorship and knowledge sharing
• Have strong knowledge of programming languages and visualization tools such as Python, R, SAS Viya and PowerBI.
• A four-year degree from an accredited post-secondary educational institution in a directly related field of study (e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science).
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a data science, research, and/or equivalent role.
• 3 years of experience in Property and Casualty insurance with superior understanding of the business domain is an asset.
Hey! we don’t want you to worry about checking every box! Leave the screening to us, we'd love to hear from you!
What else do we offer?
Our website Working at SGI - SGI (https://sgi.sk.ca/starthere) gives a run-down of the many perks of working with us, including:
• Work-life balance: How does an additional three weeks off a year sound?
• Personal development: We invest in our employees. We provide leadership and employee training, and provide education funding, to support your self-improvement goals and keep our teams thriving.
• A positive, healthy work culture: Work culture can be the reason an employee stays or leaves a job. At SGI, we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we’re proud of. And we continue to invest in our culture through training to make sure that our actions (and culture) reflect our corporate values: caring, passion, innovation, and integrity.
• Awesome people: Seriously. We hire the best people, and you get to work with them. At SGI, you’ll find the work family you didn’t know you needed.
Diversity is a cornerstone of SGI. We believe all candidates should be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your accommodation requests to us at email@example.com and we will work through your request with you. All information received will be kept confidential.
Ready to Apply?
Join a team that values your ideas and empowers your growth. Apply now and let us succeed together!
To learn more about this position, check out the full job description where you’ll find details on all the requirements and accountabilities.
Learn more about our company, this job and what your future could look like at SGI by visiting www.sgi.sk.ca/careers.
Submit your application on our website by 11:59 pm. on Monday, July 25th, 2023.
Want more jobs?
Join our mailing list to receive updates about new data science and Data Scientist jobs.