Nuvoola AI is hiring a AI Scientist in Ottawa!
Name of Hiring Company: Nuvoola AI
Nuvoola AI is an artificial intelligence firm based in Quebec, Ontario, and New Brunswick. We are market leader in Artificial Intelligence (AI) computer vision, implementing virtual guard solutions, with facial, license plate and character recognition, leveraging natural language interaction for various market and industries. We thrive at optimizing business processes and solving complex operational problems. We are a recognized and talented team partnering with the best in the industry and take serious proud of helping our customer reduce their operating cost, be more competitive while improving their overall efficiency.
We offer a stimulating, high technology work environment and state-of-the-art projects, coupled with professional development and continuing education with access to international conferences and sophisticated work equipment.
Nuvoola subscribes to the principle of equal access to employment and promotes the diversity of the workforce.
Job Title: AI Scientist
Sector: Natural and Applied Science + Related Fields
Designated Work Area: Montreal or Chambly (QC), Ottawa (ON), Caraquet (NB), Remote
Diplomas: Masters or PhD
Level in English: Bilingual
Level in French: Fluent
Are you passionate about building bleeding edge solutions?
Join the Nuvoola AI team as an AI Scientist and contribute to solving interesting business challenges. This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact!
You will develop innovative solutions in-house and with clients in a variety of industries, such as Utility, Entertainment, Financial Services, Public Sector, Retail, and Transportation. We believe in small multi-disciplinary teams of developers, architects, designers, and industry experts that collaborate in short sprints and agile cycles. This role will involve significant client interaction and outputs may be used for board level demonstrations.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- PhD/Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics fields
- Prior experience in artificial intelligence, machine learning
- Minimum 3 years of machine learning experience in Python with interest in Deep Learning
- A track record of outstanding AI (Deep Learning focus) software development with Github (or similar) evidence
- Demonstrated abilities in designing AI systems
- Demonstrated interest in applied Deep Learning, including early stage of data preparation, augmentation, generation, systematic Deep Learning model tuning, replicable Machine Learning experiments modeling, Deep Learning pipeline for ML model selection and validation
- Expert-level knowledge and experience working with at least one data science programming language (e.g. Python, R, Scala) to explore, understand, and build analytic models from data assets of varying size, type, and quality
- Expertise in Embedded Machine Learning (e.g. Deep Learning quantization) is a strong plus
- Good foundation in mathematics, statistics, and probability
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning foundations with one or more of the following:
- Computer Vision applications
- Natural human interaction
- Predictive analytics
- Knowledge of mainstream Deep Learning architectures (MLP, CNN, UNET, etc) and Deep Generative Learning architectures (GAN, VAE) for computer vision tasks
- Strong Python programming skills
- Working knowledge of Linux OS
- Eagerness to contribute in a goal-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven verbal and written communication skills in English (talks, presentations, publications, etc.)
Key Personal Competencies:
- Great communicator
- Team player
- Critical thinker
- Avid learner
- Focus driven
- Transformational agent
Want more jobs?
Join our mailing list to receive updates about new data science and AI Scientist jobs.